X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining

Hello all my name is Chris, I tried last year in march to join the New Jersey National Guard and it was halted due to a medical condition. So now with a different recruiter we got a waiver and submitted it and we are not hearing back, the waiver was cleared. Is it because of the massive downsize? i scored in the 90's on my asvab and from what my recruiter told me my line tests were remarkable. Is there anything i can do to help my chances? I want to experience the honor, the experience and the tradition of being a soldier in the United States Army.

Re: Joining

Depending on the nature of your condition, a medical waiver could theoretically clear in a day. Historically, the average is a week -- that is, a week from the time the medical office at Bureau receives it. You may wish to engage your recruiter on this, and perhaps his supervisor if you don't have confidence that he has indeed sent the waiver request in proper format in a timely manner.

Comment

thank you for responding, the waiver was cleared we (my recruiter and I) were supposed to hear back so we can schedule for meps but havnt heard anything in 2 months, and he has been calling but getting no answer

Comment

You and your recruiter may consider getting his supervisor involved.

Comment

Working...
        X