Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCRA elligibility

Hello,

I recieved my orders for IBOLC and on the bottom of the orders it says Authority : 32 USC 505. I'm assuming that this means I'm under title 32 orders. Does this leave me elligible for the SCRA? Most of anything I owe is with USAA and I benefit in some cases because they lower interest rates beyond the required 6%, to 4%.

Re: SCRA elligibility

Originally posted by show_stopper999 View Post
    Hello,

I recieved my orders for IBOLC and on the bottom of the orders it says Authority : 32 USC 505. I'm assuming that this means I'm under title 32 orders. Does this leave me elligible for the SCRA? Most of anything I owe is with USAA and I benefit in some cases because they lower interest rates beyond the required 6%, to 4%.
    You should have just PM'd me.

Yes you are still eligible as long as the orders meet the other criteria, as in time. I am not sure how long IBOLC is or even what it is...do you mean IOBC (Infantry Officer Basic Course)?

Anyways, don't complicate the letter, just send them a note saying "hey you, this is me, got called to active duty, Requesting six percent on account XYZ pusuant to the SCRA"...done. And include a copy of your orders.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
      You should have just PM'd me.

Yes you are still eligible as long as the orders meet the other criteria, as in time. I am not sure how long IBOLC is or even what it is...do you mean IOBC (Infantry Officer Basic Course)?

Anyways, don't complicate the letter, just send them a note saying "hey you, this is me, got called to active duty, Requesting six percent on account XYZ pusuant to the SCRA"...done. And include a copy of your orders.
      No, he means IBOLC (Infantry Basic Officer Leader's Course). It was renamed to IBOLC from IOBC after they did away with the entire BOLC I, II, III scheme since it was quite a disastrous failure.

Comment

The orders are for 16 weeks. I certainly tried to complicate things.. I just sent orders with a quick request.. What has me worried is the same geniuses who wanted years drill attendance are not processing my leave without pay for military duty... big difference in standard leave without pay. If they code it wrong it can screw me on retirement, seniority, step increases in pay, etc...

I followed up with them via email and the response was "dont worry..I'm reading up on it right now so we can try and do this right"...

The master plan is to take two months of paid leave (which I have saved up as use or lose from last year) and double dip, using the excess to attack the house or car.

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999 View Post
          The orders are for 16 weeks. I certainly tried to complicate things.. I just sent orders with a quick request.. What has me worried is the same geniuses who wanted years drill attendance are not processing my leave without pay for military duty... big difference in standard leave without pay. If they code it wrong it can screw me on retirement, seniority, step increases in pay, etc...

I followed up with them via email and the response was "dont worry..I'm reading up on it right now so we can try and do this right"...

The master plan is to take two months of paid leave (which I have saved up as use or lose from last year) and double dip, using the excess to attack the house or car.
          If you sent the creditor the request, included the orders. And didn't confuse them with Title 10 vs Title 32...by hopefully not mentioning it at all, you should be fine. While Title 32 is also qualifying, some companies will try to wiggle out of it any way they can. At that point, get a professional letter done by your state, or closest legal assistance office.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
            No, he means IBOLC (Infantry Basic Officer Leader's Course). It was renamed to IBOLC from IOBC after they did away with the entire BOLC I, II, III scheme since it was quite a disastrous failure.
            I see. Didn't know they blended the names like that.

Comment

I meant to say I certainly DIDNT try to complicate things.

Basically I sent it to them and said "I have been put on active duty orders for four month. I would like to request benefits applicable to me under the SCRA"

And that was it.

I'm lookiing for to GTFO for awhile and get my training done. Fort Benning School for Boys here I come.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
                I see. Didn't know they blended the names like that.
                Course name changes happen often for reasons that we all know to be true...
                Last edited by Polo08816; February 10th, 2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X