X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quitting

I am 17 and still in high school. A couple of months ago i made a rash and irresposible decision to join the guard. i convinced my parents that it was the best thing for me to do so i could go somewhere after high school and get out of the house. I only did this because my parents were driving me crazy and i didnt want to live with them any more. I have been to my first drill and have been thinking that i have really made a horrible decision. There are many reasons why i think this and i just want out. What can i do?? Ive been to MEPS but i havent went to basic and i dont ship out until july....pleasse somebody tell me there is a way that i can back out of this?

If you think you know how i can can you please email me?...edited by Mr_Loki
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Mr_Loki; January 27th, 2012, 06:13 PM.

Re: Quitting

What are some of your other reasons? How did you get this far without reconsidering before?

(It is entirely possible to get out. Prior to shipping is the least difficult way so if you genuinely feel this way...it's best to have felt it now, rather than later.)

Comment

Ah young and naive.

The National Guard is unlike the active duty services, as soon as you enlist you are obligated to fulfill your contract. Of'course, you could quit and not show up, but then they could send the police to pick you up and let you spend a weekend in jail. Ethier way, you will get a discharge and will probably never be able to join the military again. Probably the best thing to do is to speak with your RRNCO. Quiting is not a valid option. You singed the line do your time, less you end up like some of us, with regrets.

Ah, what I would give to be young again. Young and confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovestolaugh View Post
        I am 17 and still in high school. A couple of months ago i made a rash and irresposible decision to join the guard. i convinced my parents that it was the best thing for me to do so i could go somewhere after high school and get out of the house. I only did this because my parents were driving me crazy and i didnt want to live with them any more. I have been to my first drill and have been thinking that i have really made a horrible decision. There are many reasons why i think this and i just want out. What can i do?? Ive been to MEPS but i havent went to basic and i dont ship out until july....pleasse somebody tell me there is a way that i can back out of this?

If you think you know how i can can you please email me?...edited by Mr_Loki
        Thanks!
        I too am curious as to your "many reasons" why. However, pretty much no matter what they are, I and many others are going to tell you to man up (or woman?) and get through it. There are many, MANY people right now who envy your position based off not being able to get in.
        Last edited by Mr_Loki; January 27th, 2012, 06:12 PM.

Comment

yeah... serving your country is a terrible decision. you should definately quit and keep living with your parents. especially since that one drill showed you everything you need to know about the military...

Americas youth is ridiculous.

Comment

Why do you want to get out so bad? What has made you change your mind in the short span of a couple months? Keep in mind when you first join the military it is pretty scary. For many people its the first time they are truely away from home, cut off in many ways from the outside world during initial training(less today then yesterdays), probably thier first huge, binding commitment etc. I will admit I was a little scared at first. It was a little bit of a shock at basic in the begining and at one point I started to wonder if I made a mistake. But I stuck with it because I made a commitment and I knew that military service would only help me in the long run. Today I think it was the best decision I've ever made, and like you I joined when I was 17 years old and still in high school. If you don't want to include too many details as to why you are having second doubts in this forum send me a PM. I've heard pretty much all the reasons before, even ridiculous ones. Everything from being afraid of going to war to leaving a high school sweet heart.

Comment

In case all of you have not noticed, he joined this forum in Jan 2012 , it's his first post, and his screen name is "Lovestolaugh".

Smells like a troll to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                In case all of you have not noticed, he joined this forum in Jan 2012 , it's his first post, and his screen name is "Lovestolaugh".

Smells like a troll to me.
                That's what I thought......whose personal e-mail address is a .org??

''....If you think you know how i can can you please email me?...edited by Mr_Loki''
                Last edited by Mr_Loki; January 27th, 2012, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
                  That's what I thought......whose personal e-mail address is a .org??

''....If you think you know how i can can you please email me?...edited by Mr_Loki''
                  I had an org email account when I worked for a non-for-profit.

OP, I wanted to quit when I was 17 but now almost 30 years later, I am still serving and still living the dream!!
                  Last edited by Mr_Loki; January 27th, 2012, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Lovestolaugh, PM me your situation when you read this.

Comment

Ahhhhh still gullible.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
                        Ahhhhh still gullible.
                        You are forgiven. Chaplains can do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post

Ah, what I would give to be young again. Young and confused.
                          Hey now your still young and EXTREMELY confused

Comment

A troll? What exactly is that supposed to mean?....And i am definitely a girl Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Lovestolaugh View Post
                              A troll? What exactly is that supposed to mean?....And i am definitely a girl Thanks
                              Obvious troll is obvious.

Comment

Working...
                              X