X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'forgotten' ig complaint!

My ex-husband is freaking out, When he deployed to Kuwait in í09 his current wife moved out; well unbeknownst to him she filed an IG complaint. It was saying he didnít make arrangements money-wise to take care of her or whatever before he left. Anyway, she never pursued it and the base where he drills never knew anything about it. When he in-processed to a base close to home, that's when it was discovered, and of course the commander called him out on it.

My question is, what can be done to him? He's pretty worried.

Re: 'forgotten' ig complaint!

Your spouse can do that? Didn't know that one.

Comment

Originally posted by formermilitary View Post
      My ex-husband is freaking out, When he deployed to Kuwait in í09 his current wife moved out; well unbeknownst to him she filed an IG complaint. It was saying he didnít make arrangements money-wise to take care of her or whatever before he left. Anyway, she never pursued it and the base where he drills never knew anything about it. When he in-processed to a base close to home, that's when it was discovered, and of course the commander called him out on it.

My question is, what can be done to him? He's pretty worried.
      1. Why do you care if he is your ex?...Sounds suspicious to me.

2. This makes no sense, so you would have to add about 100 details for anyone to answer you seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
        1. Why do you care if he is your ex?...Sounds suspicious to me.

2. This makes no sense, so you would have to add about 100 details for anyone to answer you seriously.
        +1

So an ex spouse of a soldier is creating a thread about said soldier?! WTF is going on here?

I'm going to say the same thing I say to all the significant others that call me about thier husbands millitary issues; tell him to register for this forum and ask the question himself. At least then we hear what is going on from his side of the story. He said she said from an ex spouse spells trouble in my experience.

Comment

Spouses can make IG complaints (especially the ones who wear their husband's rank). The CO will conduct his investigation and when complete, the SM's leadership will be informed to arrange with the SM to meet with the CO. Now I seen this happen for soldiers on active duty. I do not know the process for an m-day soldier that has re-deployed. Perhaps the issue will not move further due to that. I do not know. I am not the legal expert as Paralegal is.

From the incident that happened to a soldier in our section. He was just verbally counseled to handle the matter and the spouse was notified of the outcome as well. If the SM did not follow the commander's guidance then further repercussions (e.g. UCMJ action) could be imposed. Which is simply being charged for failing to follow a direct order.

I think the statute of limitations have well passed for something that happened in this instance in 2009.

edit-I am aware that a M-day soldier does not fall under UCMJ during drill. It is under state regulations.
          Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; January 12th, 2012, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X