X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No looking for any comments back

Hey all. I can to the decision a week ago that I wanted to join the Guard. I probably have spent 6 hrs a day watching videos and reading up on everything to get and idea. But I really wanted to join the 88m. Now I made a few mistakes in life like everyone else and now ist finally came time to grow up and be man. So I want some stability, some discipline on life. I want to be able to take charge of my life. But I found out I got disqualified bc of a charge i got almost 8 years ago in the immature part of my life. I really regret my younger self in life bc it ruined my future self. See I can't get a job to save my life and I've been out of work for over 2 years now and I was hopin the Guard would have been that stepping stone in life to grow up. I can't be disappointed in the Guard bc it's the policy and it's my own fault. But for someone who truely wants to better themselves, I'd hope, pray, there'd be an exception or something
    Last edited by Teets527; January 11th, 2012, 05:12 PM.

Re: Really want to join but turned down

Originally posted by Teets527 View Post
    Hey all. I can to the decision a week ago that I wanted to join the Guard. I probably have spent 6 hrs a day watching videos and reading up on everything to get and idea. But I really wanted to join the 88m. Now I made a few mistakes in life like everyone else and now ist finally came time to grow up and be man. So I want some stability, some discipline on life. I want to be able to take charge of my life. But I found out I got disqualified bc of a charge i got almost 8 years ago in the immature part of my life. I really regret my younger self in life bc it ruined my future self. See I can't get a job to save my life and I've been out of work for over 2 years now and I was hopin the Guard would have been that stepping stone in life to grow up. I can't be disappointed in the Guard bc it's the policy and it's my own fault. But for someone who truely wants to better themselves, I'd hope, pray, there'd be an exception or something
    You already posted a similar topic in another area. As I said, get a background check done on yourself and see what it says and then bring it in to the recruiter and see what he/she says. The Path To Honor results are not the be all and end all.

Comment

Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
      You already posted a similar topic in another area. As I said, get a background check done on yourself and see what it says and then bring it in to the recruiter and see what he/she says. The Path To Honor results are not the be all and end all.
      Exactly. You can find a new life in the Priesthood and garner an excellent wage.

Comment

Sorry guys for posting almost the same thing in different catagories. I was just trying to broaden my help range. And thanks, I'm taking your advice and got my local background check done and it came back with no convictions. Now Iam going to get the check from my neighboring town done tomorrow.

Comment

Sorry guys for posting almost the same thing in different catagories. I was just trying to broaden my help range. And thanks, I'm taking your advice and got my local background check done and it came back with no convictions. Now Iam going to get the check from my neighboring town done tomorrow.
          I would suggest getting you Federal check done.

Comment

How did you get a complete one back so fast, within a couple hours of your OP? I'd make sure you are getting all the information you are asking for.

Generally, one can receive a complete background check report within 1-3 business day(s) though if it includes a complete criminal records check, it may take 3-7 week days. This is because educational institutions, courts and government agencies usually take enough time to get back with required details. Another issue is not all institutions keep their records in a digital format on a computer which is why it may take even more time. Also, they close down for longer periods of time during holidays and are many-a-times not reachable. If a criminal background check process includes an FBI background check, then you may add 30 days to the whole process as well. As all details are gathered from a variety of sources and synchronized at one place in the end, one must remain prepared for the number of days it may take.

Comment

Working...
            X