X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to do an IST while on Title 10 orders

Pretty much sums it up. Is there a way my gaining unit can write a memorandum to keep me on Title 10. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Is there a way to do an IST while on Title 10 orders

Originally posted by tacomakingsfan View Post
    Pretty much sums it up. Is there a way my gaining unit can write a memorandum to keep me on Title 10. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Not on title 10. 100% impossible.

Comment

What are you trying to accomplish? What do you mean by Title 10? Are you AGR, or mobilized, or what?

Comment

I'm going on Title 10 orders for the Warrior Transition Battalion soon. I know that I am not obligated to drill with my current parent unit but I am holding a key slot for some of the juniors to be promoted. I also reside in the same place where the WTB is located. I wanted to try to go to a gaining unit in this state who is willing to take me with the Title 10 orders. Is there a way such as a memorandum written from the gaining unit to allow me to stay on Title 10 if I try to IST. Can I claim hardship as well because I have been unemployed and this is my chance to be employed again? If so, wanted to know what regulations would that be under? Thank you for replying sir.
        Last edited by tacomakingsfan; January 11th, 2012, 11:46 PM.

Comment

I'm going on Title 10 orders for the Warrior Transition Battalion soon. I know that I am not obligated to drill with my current parent unit but I am holding a key slot for some of the juniors to be promoted. I also reside in the same place where the WTB is located. I wanted to try to go to a gaining unit in this state who is willing to take me with the Title 10 orders. Is there a way such as a memorandum written from the gaining unit to allow me to stay on Title 10 if I try to IST. Can I claim hardship as well because I have been unemployed and this is my chance to be employed again? If so, wanted to know what regulations would that be under? Thank you for replying sir.
          You cannot IST on a continous set of Title 10 Orders. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
            You cannot IST on a continous set of Title 10 Orders. Period.
            Ok thanks.

Comment

I'm still not clear on what you think you would accomplish. You have consideration for others that you don't want to occupy a slot that others could take, but that's really not your problem. Your chain of command can handle that in a number of different ways by changing your reporting codes to allow double-slotting against your duty position.

You also mentioned that on Title 10 ADOS you have no expectation to drill, so i don't see the upside to joining a local unit.

I get the impression that you have other goals that you haven't revealed.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
                I'm still not clear on what you think you would accomplish. You have consideration for others that you don't want to occupy a slot that others could take, but that's really not your problem. Your chain of command can handle that in a number of different ways by changing your reporting codes to allow double-slotting against your duty position.

You also mentioned that on Title 10 ADOS you have no expectation to drill, so i don't see the upside to joining a local unit.

A difference in education benefits is the only thing I could think of that would actually matter. Ive had to think of that in the past while on assignments as well.

Comment

The one thing I want to accomplish is to really let someone take my position in order to get promoted and to have a unit that is now local to me. My unit has stated that I am hindering someone's promotion by being Title 10. I have been deployed twice with this unit and they for the most part have been very good to me. I just don't want to leave in a bad note or leave them in a bad spot for their soldiers that are actually drilling. The one thing you stated was changing reporting codes which they have not mentioned to me. As far as local unit sir, I've done a suta with them already and I enjoy their unit. Also, they have asked if I wanted to join them but I will be Title 10. Thanks again sir.

Comment

Well I'm writing to your response again because it didn't show up on the blog when I finished it. I am trying to free up a slot for a person who can be promoted now if I am able to IST. I have deployed twice with my current unit and for the most part they have been good to me. I just don't want to leave in a bad note and be able to have a unit closer to my home now. As far as upside of joining a local unit, I have worked with this unit before and have been asked if I wanted to work for them. Problem is, currently I'm coming on Title 10.

Comment

If your commander is smart, he's moved you into a derivative UIC and will free that slot.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
                        If your commander is smart, he's moved you into a derivative UIC and will free that slot.
                        I can ask my s1 but I'm not sure if they know that. How would they do that if you don't mind me asking? Thanks

Comment

I can ask my s1 but I'm not sure if they know that. How would they do that if you don't mind me asking? Thanks
                          Your S1 should have a knowledgeable and competent NCOIC and OIC. But it is best to get your leadership engaged to help you in this matter. You can sidebar the NCOIC on the possibility but if this would happen, your CO and S1 leadership would decide if this is possible.

Comment

Working...
                          X