X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACU Question.

Are you allowed to wear your ACUS anytime your visiting a base or your unit or local armory to use the CAC readers or anything like that? or Only at Drill can you wear your uniform?

Re: ACU Question.

To use the CAC readers? You can buy a reader for around twenty dollars for use on your personal computer. As a guardsman, you usually wear your ACUs during drill.

Comment

The basic rule is that you may wear the uniform when engaged in purposes that further the military's goals, even if you're not on duty.

Attending the funeral of a servicemember? Yes.
      Drunken fraternity costume party? No.
      Going on post to use the services and facilities for which you're authorized? Yes.
      Going to your high school to impress the teenage girls by looking all menacing and badass? No.

When you do wear the uniform for any reason, wear it properly, and behave appropriately. Hold yourself to a higher standard, because the rest of the nation already does.
      Last edited by matthew.ritchie; January 5th, 2012, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks alot!

p.s I really can't stand for people to put the uniform on and try to go to parties to pick up girls. so disrespectful to the uniform.

Comment

Why do you want to wear your uniform just to go to the base? I can assure you they'll let you in with just your ID card. If you showed up at my office to use my CAC reader, I would be like, "why the heck are you in your uniform?"

Comment

Perhaps i'm just still excited about wearing the uniform. I take pride in it. Makes me a whole different person. And I like to take any chance that it's allowed to wear it, to do so.

Comment

I'm not sure if you've been to BCT or not ,but either way I'd advise you not to wear you uniform just to use a CAC reader. Especially if you haven't complete IADT and are only in RSP. Going on post in uniform let's everyone know who you are and trust me there might just be an NCO who would just love to mess with a new PVT. Things could get ugly if you don't use proper courtesies or may be out of uniform in some way. If you go in just civies, people will usually jsut overlook you except you may be asked for your ID more often and even at those times be sure to use courtesy and address whomever is may be correctly. Be professional in or out of the uniform. Being on a post is usually a different ball game than being at a NG unit. Especially an AD post.

Comment

ok wait a minute. according to this thread http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...-AQFT-question you aren't even enlisted yet. Why are you worried about a uniform or using a CAC reader?? Enlist first then ask these questions. One step at a time kid.

Comment

No need for the "Kid". "Be professional in or out of uniform".

Comment

Just don't do it. Wear your civies. Take pride that you're actually on a military post, trust me, no one cares that you're in uniform on a military post.

FYI, I work and live on an active duty post. That's how I know.
                    Last edited by Mr_Loki; January 8th, 2012, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Roger that. thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X