X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infantry Training

Hey Guys, Just a little about myself before posting my question. I'm 26 years old, currently a Deputy Sheriff and very much considering joining the NC Guard as an Infantry Soldier.
    Question is if I do a 3 year enlistment to start with, will I actually train with a unit or will I only be IRR? I've heard both ways and I'm slightly confused about it. Thanks for any help.

Re: Infantry Training

3 years active, 5 years IRR is what you would be doing. When I say active I'm talking about drilling status, one weekend a month and approximately 2 weeks per year for annual training. Not to be confused with active federal service which is the traditional full time commitment 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
      3 years active, 5 years IRR is what you would be doing. When I say active I'm talking about drilling status, one weekend a month and approximately 2 weeks per year for annual training. Not to be confused with active federal service which is the traditional full time commitment 24/7.
      Thanks Sarge. That's what I was hoping for.

Comment

It is generally recommended to do 6x2. And that's what nearly everyone does to obtain maximum benefits + have the time to take advantage of that. You lose a chunk of it when you go IRR as you are technically no longer part of the Guard when you do.

Comment

Working...
        X