X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know if I should join the Guard

Hi, my name's Ethan, I'm 17 and I'm from Atlanta, Georgia. Being a Senior on Highschool, lately I have been thinking about college and what I plan on doing after I graduate. One of my options is The National Guard, however, I'm not too sure what joining the Guard actually entails. A few of my questions are; Does the Guard pay for college? How does training work? What are the chances of getting shipped out to combat? Can I attend college while being in the Guard? And finally, what kind of pay does someone in the Guard earn. Answering these questions would greatly influence my decision, thanks.

Re: I don't know if I should join the Guard

Go to www.nationalguard.com , click LEARN MORE.

A lot of what you ask can be answered there.

Comment

Re: I don't know if I should join the Guard

Originally posted by Lightbulbs View Post
      Hi, my name's Ethan, I'm 17 and I'm from Atlanta, Georgia. Being a Senior on Highschool, lately I have been thinking about college and what I plan on doing after I graduate. One of my options is The National Guard, however, I'm not too sure what joining the Guard actually entails. A few of my questions are; Does the Guard pay for college? How does training work? What are the chances of getting shipped out to combat? Can I attend college while being in the Guard? And finally, what kind of pay does someone in the Guard earn. Answering these questions would greatly influence my decision, thanks.
      One of teh biggest reasons people join The Guard or Reserves is so that they can attend college and get money to do it. If you have to pay for college yourself then The Guard is a great way to get your schooling paid for and you won't end up with a ton of college loans in the end. The Guard also gives you great skills that you can not learn anywhere else, a monthly paycheck, and so much more.
      Check out the website above and you can see all the benefits - educational, pay, etc as well as the jobs you can have and what the training for them entails.

Comment

Working...
      X