X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dependants

I am very interested in joining the guard, my wife is supportive of it. Our biggest obstacle is we have 3 kids and my wife works full time. Does the guard offer any kind of assistance whith child care?

Re: dependants

When I was in the Guard, I was not aware of any child care services offered to part-time soldiers.

Active duty has CYS and let's say you live next to an active duty base; can you take advantage of those type of programs? If you are, you should call and see.

This is the link for active duty http://www.armymwr.com/family/childa...h/default.aspx

Comment

The NG may not offer help but you could always see if there are daycare facilities that offer a military discount. If you live near a post or any large government facility you may be able to find a facility that will offer a discount. Cant hurt to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by NGWife2010 View Post
        The NG may not offer help but you could always see if there are daycare facilities that offer a military discount. If you live near a post or any large government facility you may be able to find a facility that will offer a discount. Cant hurt to ask.
        I would be shocked to hear of any. And I bet it wouldn't be much in this economy.

Otherwise, NO.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
          I would be shocked to hear of any. And I bet it wouldn't be much in this economy.

Otherwise, NO.
          The daycare by my office building offers a government discount since the organization that has the highest density in the office park are government workers. The daycares surrounding the closed Fort Benjamin Harrison also offer discounts because of the finance center and MEPS. Like I said... doesnt hurt to ask. Just know that it maybe daycare specific and not all over the city.

Comment

Working...
          X