X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infantry BOLC graduation gift

Good Afternoon. My boyfriend is finishing IBOLC at the end of this month and I am having a hard time figuring out what I should get him as a graduation gift. I want it to be something sentimental - something that embodies everything he's been through the past few months. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Tula

Custom 1911...?

Comment

• Chris36
      Chris36 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice choice; my husband has one of those.

A custom 1911 is always a good choice for any occasion.

If that's outside the budgetary parameters, the officers' sword is always nice for a new LT.

If he doesn't already have the ASU service cover (the "bus driver hat"), that's also a good choice. It beats the stew out of the beret in the fashion department, but most LTs don't want to spend the money on it because it's not a necessary item.

If even that is too steep, go with food. IBOLC is a lot of eating MREs and DFAC chow with other smelly dudes, often in the woods. Take him out someplace fancy and wear something suggestive. That way you both get a gift!
    Last edited by SabreKhan; March 17th, 2014, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I think he'll really like the officer's sword! I made reservations at one of our favorite restaurants for when he gets home too. It's been a long 4 months. I'm so happy to have him back home soon! Thanks for all of the suggestions!

Comment

Look at getting him a really nice bottle of his favorite booze. He'll probably get more out it then a sword or cap for his dress uniform

Comment

Working...
        X