X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is My son DQ'd?

My son is going to turn 19 within 2 weeks and has enlisted in the Guard. He has been participating in his drill weekends while awaiting his ship off to Basic and AIT date of September 4th. While with some friends this past weekend, he was stupid and was arrested for unlawful possession of alcohol. He has a court date of July 8th.

Will he be DQ'd from the Guard now or is there anything he can do to rectify the situation. This is his first offense, passes all of the drug testing and is saving money from his job to pay the minimum fine that we expect he will have to pay when he goes to Court in July.

Thanks!

Re: Is My son DQ'd?

This shouldn't be an issue, as long as there isn't any community service or alcohol classes that extend past his ship date.

Comment

If the case isn't disposed of prior to the ship date he will be unable to ship. The previous posters advice is spot on. Furthermore, the SCRA authorozes a stay in civil cases, not criminal.
      Last edited by Mr_Loki; June 12th, 2013, 05:39 PM. Reason: deleting quote, keeping info

Comment

If this recruit attempts to continue this ticket past the ship date which can easily be done in most cases, with or without the act, his slot can be cancelled, so yes it can hurt.
        Last edited by Mr_Loki; June 12th, 2013, 05:40 PM. Reason: deleting quote, keeping info

Comment

Working...
        X