X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airborne awarded at other locations?

My brother is currently at FT.Benning, he is in the running for a competitive airborne slot. Are airborne slots offered at other basic training locations since they don't teach airborne everywhere?

Re: Airborne awarded at other locations?

Once I complete BCT at Ft. Jackson and AIT at Ft. Huachuca I will be heading to Ft. Benning for airborne school.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowOne View Post
      Once I complete BCT at Ft. Jackson and AIT at Ft. Huachuca I will be heading to Ft. Benning for airborne school.
      Do you have it written into your contract?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by SlowOne View Post
          Yes
          What's your mos?

Comment

Originally posted by Bcutberth View Post
            My brother is currently at FT.Benning, he is in the running for a competitive airborne slot. Are airborne slots offered at other basic training locations since they don't teach airborne everywhere?
            It's up to the state because they're the ones who have to pay for it. It has nothing to do with where you attend BCT/AIT or OSUT.

On another note, there aren't too many things stupider than sending an NG soldier to Airborne School when the soldier's state has no airborne units.

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
              It's up to the state because they're the ones who have to pay for it. It has nothing to do with where you attend BCT/AIT or OSUT.

On another note, there aren't too many things stupider than sending an NG soldier to Airborne School when the soldier's state has no airborne units.
              Thank you sir, does your MOS have anything to do with it?

Comment

We had competative slots for Airborne and Air Assault in AIT. There were 3 (i think) of each and were open to anyone who scored high enough on their APFT and their classroom scores. A NG soldier could compete if their state first approved the school for the soldier. I'm pretty sure all 6 slots were filled by active duty and Reserve soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by jaydez View Post
                  We had competative slots for Airborne and Air Assault in AIT. There were 3 (i think) of each and were open to anyone who scored high enough on their APFT and their classroom scores. A NG soldier could compete if their state first approved the school for the soldier. I'm pretty sure all 6 slots were filled by active duty and Reserve soldiers.
                  I think my state would approve if I had the chance, I'd hope they do. But I'm a pretty competitive person and very motivated to be the best, I'm working on my pt score to get into the extended scale. I have some very high standards that I hope some day will be accomplished.

Comment

Originally posted by Bcutberth View Post
                    What's your mos?
                    15 Echo

Comment

Working...
                    X