X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chapter 11?

My son wrote that he had to go before the Commander in regards to possibly being chaptered out. He is about 1 week from AIT (OSUT). Has a knee Spain & brace for several weeks, dental work done and put on profile. Day 3 of profile is when he wrote about being chaptered out but has to wait to see I'd the he gets the letter. Something about only being allowed to take medication at the barracks is all I can gather. Can someone please help me understand if this is a given, if it's a maybe or really WHAT it is, please refrain from insults, read much of that already and really just want to understand what's going on.

Ma'am,

I understand that this must be difficult for you especially since you are unable to speak with your son to determine the whole story. Based on the title of your post I can provide insight to what a Chapter 11 is. A chapter 11 is a spearation for Soldiers because of unsatisfactory performance and/or conduct while in entry level status. Separation of a Soldier in entry level status may be warranted on the grpounds of unsatisfactory performance and or unsatisfactory conduct as evidenced by- 1. Inability 2. Lack of reasonable effort 3. Failure to adapt to the military environment 4. Minor disciplinary infractions.
    Unfortunately I cannot give you a solid answer on what is going to happen. From what your son wrote I can only gather that he went before the Commander for a review and now we all have to wait and see what the final decision is. It can go two ways either he is discharged or he is recycled to a company to complete his training once he is off profile.
    I know it is not possible, but try not to worry. Your son is in very capable hands and is being taken care of. I hope you hear from him soon so you can be more informed.

Comment

Working...
    X