X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldier with Anxiety

I have a son in the NG and is planning to graduate soon. We received a letter from him stating that he has had anxiety almost daily and that he has an appt to go into the hospital on base. He stated that he is worried that they are sending him home. That was a week ago. I haven't heard anything yet, via phone or mail. I am not getting any help either from the base on who I can talk to to make sure he is ok and that he isn't being "discharged". Does anybody know how they handle this sort of thing? If he was going to be sent home, wouldn't they call us right away or let him contact us and let us know? We haven't done anything yet with graduation info because we aren't sure if he coming home sooner. I just need to know how the NG handles this sort of thing? Is there a delay in determining "discharge" or should I consider that no news is good news?! HELP!

Re: Soldier with Anxiety

If your son was going to the hospital for anxiety he will almost certainly be discharged. It will likely take 3-4 weeks for his to be outprocessed and sent home. Depending on the installation, he may or may not be allowed to use his phone. You could try contacting his Recruiter or last case scenario, the NG Liaison at the training installation.

Comment

Working...
    X