Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do guests wear to OCS Graduation?

My husband and I have been invited to attend the OCS graduation at Ft. McClellan, Alabama, in August. For the actual graduation ceremony, what do guests wear? What is more appropriate: a Sunday best dress for me and shirt and tie for hubs, or slacks for me and no tie for him?

We're going for our daughter's boyfriend's graduation, and it will be the first time we meet his parents. I don't want to be under- or over-dressed and feel awkward.

Thanks!

Re: What do guests wear to OCS Graduation?

Guest at any graduation (BCT, AIT, OCS, WOCS) usually wear nice casual dress.

Look at the civvies in the background.

Comment

I had to put a WOCS video. It seems like Fort Rucker was yesterday for me.

Comment

I would say that the majority wore business casual to my OCS graduation, but some also chose to be more formal.

You'll be fine with a pair of khakis and a button-down

Comment

Originally posted by enceladus View Post
          I would say that the majority wore business casual to my OCS graduation, but some also chose to be more formal.

You'll be fine with a pair of khakis and a button-down
          For a female?

Comment

Business Casual is the norm. Some people interpret that very loosely, though. I'm the Graduation Project Officer for my class this year and Business Casual is the dress for civilians and retirees (uniform for them is optional).

We sat in last year's graduation and some family members wore jeans, to be expected I guess, but most did casual business dress i.e. slacks, button up shirts, dresses, etc. Nothing too formal.

Comment

My Dad was a medically retired Navy Lieutenant(O-3) and he wore a tux to my BCT Graduation....Just depends on who you are and how important the event is to you and your family.

Comment

If it were me, I'd wear black tie, evening attire. Especially if yall are going out to eat afterwards....you cannot be over dressed with all of those pressed ASU's running around.

It will make him feel awkward afterwards if you do not.
                Last edited by Chaplain4me; August 13th, 2013, 08:09 PM.

Comment

LBD

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
                    LBD
                    That is Female Soldier for Little Black Dress.

My Sunday best is sandals....because that is what the Lord wore; except when I preach. Then I have to be careful because some folks think ties are of the devil.
                    Last edited by Chaplain4me; August 13th, 2013, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
                      That is Female Soldier for Little Black Dress.
                      Actually among all females, LBD is a pretty universal term.

Comment

This would be a first actually. They don't normally hold a class graduation for the summer program at AMA. Too many candidates and too hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
                          This would be a first actually. They don't normally hold a class graduation for the summer program at AMA. Too many candidates and too hot.
                          It's not for the Accelerated class, Sir. They just give them and all of the rest of us out-of-state traditional candidates our certificates of completion and send us on our merry way, like they did 2 weeks ago. A few states came in and did ceremonies for their AOCS candidates, but very few.

It's for the AL Traditional Class that began last year. I have several friends in that class and work with one of the former Senior TACs from down there, and apparently it is a long running tradition. They have a golf tournament, military ball, and graduation ceremony every August.

Comment

Originally posted by eqmcclure View Post
                            It's not for the Accelerated class, Sir. They just give them and all of the rest of us out-of-state traditional candidates our certificates of completion and send us on our merry way, like they did 2 weeks ago. A few states came in and did ceremonies for their AOCS candidates, but very few.

It's for the AL Traditional Class that began last year. I have several friends in that class and work with one of the former Senior TACs from down there, and apparently it is a long running tradition. They have a golf tournament, military ball, and graduation ceremony every August.
                            Yes, this is the traditional AOCS deal. And thanks to everyone for the info. I'm going with a casual dress. That seems to be in line.

Comment

Working...
                            X