Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on BNCOC training - Curious wife.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on BNCOC training - Curious wife.

My husband is an E-5 and needs his BNCOC to be promoted. He told me that they no longer pay you to take this course. Is this true? I thought you were paid for all training no matter what. Thank you for any and all responses.

Re: Question on BNCOC training - Curious wife.

Originally posted by Ladybabe225 View Post
    My husband is an E-5 and needs his BNCOC to be promoted. He told me that they no longer pay you to take this course. Is this true? I thought you were paid for all training no matter what. Thank you for any and all responses.
    Its funny to me that the wifey's only post when $$ is involved. BNCOC is now called ALC (Advanced Leaders Course). He may have been stating that the state is broke and can't pay to send him, but if he were to go he would be paid.

Comment

Originally posted by realitycheck View Post
      Its funny to me that the wifey's only post when $$ is involved. BNCOC is now called ALC (Advanced Leaders Course). He may have been stating that the state is broke and can't pay to send him, but if he were to go he would be paid.
      Thank you for the response. Yes I am asking about this because of money and the reason for that is because I am a stay at home wife and mother to 3 children and if he won't get paid we won't have the money for bills. I don't mean to sound so rude but its a blessing that my husband has a civilian job and the army guard and I get to stay home and raise our children and not someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybabe225 View Post
        Reality is correct about there might be an issue with funding but based on sequestration cuts; what was told that NCOES schools (WLC, ALC) would not be affected. Also, is your husband referring to common core (which is usually completed one weekend a month) or proponent. Whenever a Soldier is on orders for training; he/she will be paid.

I am active duty and my spouse is a stay at home mom but even when I was in the Guard, I had a job that paid the difference if I will lose money due to NG training or I was afforded to double dip and that was truly a blessing. cha-ching ;0)
        Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; July 28th, 2013, 11:10 AM.

Comment

OP's husband could also be talking about the mandatory SSD and distance learning portion. Niether of these are paid. And there's nothing wrong with the spouse wondering about finances.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
            OP's husband could also be talking about the mandatory SSD and distance learning portion. Niether of these are paid. And there's nothing wrong with the spouse wondering about finances.
            +1. You summed it up much better than I did. That is what I meant by common core now SSD.

Comment

There also may be a distance learning phase one depending on MOS...like mine.

Comment

Working...
              X