X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Guard and child adoption

Does anybody have personal experience with the child adoption process and whether being in the National Guard might hurt your family's ability to get approved to adopt a child?

My wife is very supportive of my desire to join the Guard, however it is looking like adoption may be our only option for starting a family, and we're concerned that the possibility of one parent getting deployed could work against us.

It sounds like active duty folks are able to adopt okay, but not finding a lot of info about NG and adoption.

Thanks!

Re: National Guard and child adoption

Originally posted by dogjutsu View Post
    Does anybody have personal experience with the child adoption process and whether being in the National Guard might hurt your family's ability to get approved to adopt a child?

My wife is very supportive of my desire to join the Guard, however it is looking like adoption may be our only option for starting a family, and we're concerned that the possibility of one parent getting deployed could work against us.

It sounds like active duty folks are able to adopt okay, but not finding a lot of info about NG and adoption.

Thanks!
    This is far from an official answer, but I couldn't possibly see why it would even be relevant.

Comment

Not relevant! I know a couple of Soldiers that have adopted with no problems.

Comment

Good to hear, thanks for your replies.

Comment

Working...
        X