X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Guard Recognized

I was so happy to hear that the National Guard was FINALLY recognized at the Memorial ceremony in Washington. The NG has been backing all of our branches of the military as well as our cities and states for many, many years, yet, they have never been mentioned at that ceremony. It is about time that they were recognized. Does the National Guard have a song and/or a flag representing their wonderful service they give to all of us? I fly, at all times, not just on the holidays, a flag representing all five of the branches as well as the POW/MIA, KIA (when & if I can find one) and Don't Tread On Us. I have never seen a flag for the National Guard, and, if they do not have a flag or song they need to have one. It amazes me how difficult a time I have locating the flags for some of the five branches and the KIA flags. I sometimes need to go to three or four different outlets to find them.
    I also had an experience one day while driving with one of my daughters. We were stopped at a red light and a car pulled up beside us and the driver said to us "Did something happen today?" I said what do you mean? He said "well you are the third car I have seen with the flag flying from your car so I was wondering what happened?" I said to him, that flag has been flying from my car window since 9/11/2001. Sadly on my part as it should have been there before 9/11 and not because of 9/11. I have flown the colors outside of my home since I moved here and will continue to do so just because. I usually need to change out the flags @ every 6 months due to fading or being torn from the weather, and, I go crazy trying to find them. Isn't it a SHAME that something needs to happen in order for flags to be flown on cars?
    Thank you for your service, past & present and God bless and watch over all of you.

Re: National Guard Recognized

With regards to your confusion on branches > The Guard is technically a reserve component of the Army.

Comment

Working...
    X