X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medically Cleared

I finally received my NGB22 last week, my ANG recruiter got my medical records yesterday, took them to their ANG Medical to take a look and they medically cleared me for enlistement. No MEPS review, no problems.

I will swear in as a Senior Airman next week or the week after, once they finish my contract (they said my hubby could even swear me in...even though he's NG ) and then I will eventually be off to Texas to tech school training in Geospatial Intelligence specializing in Targeting.

I still think this is a great forum and recommend it to possible recruits, but I promise to 'stay in my lane' with my advice...lol

Thanks for the advice and support everybody!

Re: Medically Cleared

Congratulations! Will you be going to Good Fellow AFB for your Geospatial training? I will be at GFLAFB in July for 28 weeks of AIT for Signals Intelligence. I wish you the best!

Comment

Originally posted by SierraBravo View Post
      Congratulations! Will you be going to Good Fellow AFB for your Geospatial training? I will be at GFLAFB in July for 28 weeks of AIT for Signals Intelligence. I wish you the best!
      Yes, Goodfellow AFB... A colleague said I will hate it there, but the last time she was there was 30 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
        I finally received my NGB22 last week, my ANG recruiter got my medical records yesterday, took them to their ANG Medical to take a look and they medically cleared me for enlistement. No MEPS review, no problems.

I will swear in as a Senior Airman next week or the week after, once they finish my contract (they said my hubby could even swear me in...even though he's NG ) and then I will eventually be off to Texas to tech school training in Geospatial Intelligence specializing in Targeting.

I still think this is a great forum and recommend it to possible recruits, but I promise to 'stay in my lane' with my advice...lol

So you left the ARNG (after all you went through) to go switch to the ANG? Why? You now hold the record for the fastest inter-service transfer ever.

Congrats if this is part of your long term goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
          So you left the ARNG (after all you went through) to go switch to the ANG? Why? You now hold the record for the fastest inter-service transfer ever.

Congrats if this is part of your long term goals.
          Yeah, I know... When I aggrevated an ligament injury at drill, I was removed from OCS as they (my NCOIC) felt that I would not be physically capable, but then I was also told that there were "NO training seats what-so-ever, in my back up MOS, or any MOS for that matter before my 2 year anniversary date" My NCOIC said he was also skeptical to go through the pain of switching my MOS on the chance I wouldn't be physically ready after they will have had paid for a training seat. I was told my ONLY option was to be medically discharged. (ELS, RE3, "failure to meet medical procurement standards prior to IET", no sep code). Even with a G2G from an orthopedic surgeon, my NCOIC still claimed "no training seats". So *bam* discharge. As my age is now over the age limit, I was told I could not re-enlist even if medically cleared....but ANG is still enlisting up to 40.

Once the NGB22 came through, there was no problems with the ANG.

Comment

congrats! I had no idea you were separated from the ARNG. I guess I missed it on here or on FB. Enjoy your tiger stripes and green boots!

Comment

Originally posted by jaydez View Post
              congrats! I had no idea you were separated from the ARNG. I guess I missed it on here or on FB. Enjoy your tiger stripes and green boots!
              I haven't mentioned it on FB yet...was waiting until I swear in! I only found out yesterday that I was cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post

Congrats! You've had quite a journey getting to this point. Good luck to the future!

Comment

Working...
                X