X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble getting paid on time?

Do any of you ever have any problems getting paid on time?

My son-in-law was with one unit for many years and never had a problem, not ever, either with his warrior weekend scheduling or his check not being paid.

Then he was moved to a new unit last year and he has had nothing but problems with getting paid on time. When payday rolls around, sometimes they'll tell him he won't get paid til the following week, and then when that date comes around, they tell him it will be another week.

And his scheduled warrior weekends are changed constantly.

Is this normal behavior for the ARNG? I served in the Air Force and there was never a question about getting paid once a month. It was not something you ever worried about.

I don't know if this is just mismanagement at this particular unit, or what.

He is an NCO so I don't want to get him in trouble or anything, I know he has to lead his soldiers no matter what, while putting on a brave face.

But this just seems wrong to me. Anybody care to comment?

Re: Trouble getting paid on time?

Your son should sign up and post on the forums, this way we can get more of a first hand perspective on the issue.

Comment

+1. BTW, I never had a problem with Guard pay; especially in those later years from 98 to 2003. And my pay arrived about two weeks later after drill.

Comment

Originally posted by technocon View Post
        Do any of you ever have any problems getting paid on time?

My son-in-law was with one unit for many years and never had a problem, not ever, either with his warrior weekend scheduling or his check not being paid.

Then he was moved to a new unit last year and he has had nothing but problems with getting paid on time. When payday rolls around, sometimes they'll tell him he won't get paid til the following week, and then when that date comes around, they tell him it will be another week.

And his scheduled warrior weekends are changed constantly.

Is this normal behavior for the ARNG? I served in the Air Force and there was never a question about getting paid once a month. It was not something you ever worried about.

I don't know if this is just mismanagement at this particular unit, or what.

He is an NCO so I don't want to get him in trouble or anything, I know he has to lead his soldiers no matter what, while putting on a brave face.

But this just seems wrong to me. Anybody care to comment?
        I find it interesting that you are this concerned with your son in laws pay...who is a NCO and a grown man. I would bet, the story you are being told, is not what is really happening..hence you are posting and not him.

Comment

I would like to add that I have personally been in units where drill pay is not submitted in a timely manner. As most of these posters have alluded to, however, your son-in-law needs to address this directly on his own through his Chain of Command.

Comment

Originally posted by Explosive Hazard View Post
            Your son should sign up and post on the forums, this way we can get more of a first hand perspective on the issue.
            Exactly what I'm thinking.

Comment

I've experienced all of the above. I've been paid on time, paid too much, not paid at all (due to being overpaid), and recently I've been paid in...SPURTS??? My pay last month came in 3 separate payments. Cracked me up. Thank God guard pay isn't my main source of income or I'd be living under a bridge.

As far as the OP's input--I don't know--sounds like your son-in-law maybe isn't an NCO. Maybe he's just blowing hot air up your skirt to impress you. Just seems like a guy that's done several plus years should have ironed out his pay issues by now.

Comment

Pay issues can spring up and effect anyone, at any time, at any point in their career. I've been in for 9 years and I recently had to have a pay issue resolved. My BAH changed because I got married. All my documents were submitted, SIDPERS was updated, and she was enrolled in DEERS but finance was not getting updated. So I had to submit all documents to finance and do an audit on my pay. Pay issue resolved.

I've personally dealt with and witnessed massive pay issues with several soldiers. We are talking about soldiers who are on Title 32 not getting paid for 2 full months. Soldiers not getting paid BAH, at all. Soldiers who are getting per diem when they shouldn't, for months. And soldiers who should be getting paid per diem but don't for an entire year. That guy got a $15,000+ check. I even caught a pay issue with a soldier who never got paid for attending AT, 18 months prior. The only reason I caught his issue was I was having difficulties selling his leave he earned on title 32 so I asked for an audit. I thought the battalion CSM was about to shoot into orbit.

Comment

Pay issues can spring up and effect anyone, at any time, at any point in their career. I've been in for 9 years and I recently had to have a pay issue resolved. My BAH changed because I got married. All my documents were submitted, SIDPERS was updated, and she was enrolled in DEERS but finance was not getting updated. So I had to submit all documents to finance and do an audit on my pay. Pay issue resolved.
                  Exactly. At the point of E5 and up an NCO should know how to go through the necessary steps to rectify their pay issues without crying on relatives backs. Just saying--I've had a plethora of issues, pay just being one of them, and I resolved my issues without crying on my wife's shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
                    Exactly. At the point of E5 and up an NCO should know how to go through the necessary steps to rectify their pay issues without crying on relatives backs. Just saying--I've had a plethora of issues, pay just being one of them, and I resolved my issues without crying on my wife's shoulders.
                    A purely M-day E-5 will probably only know to go to the RNCO and that is the extent of getting a pay issue solved. Your throwing stones at a guy that isn't even posting on these forums. We don't know the entire situation which is exactly why I recommended the soldier comes on the forum to give us a first hand explanation of the problem. What is your rank again? Watch your lane.

Comment

A purely M-day E-5 will probably only know to go to the RNCO and that is the extent of getting a pay issue solved. Your throwing stones at a guy that isn't even posting on these forums. We don't know the entire situation which is exactly why I recommended the soldier comes on the forum to give us a first hand explanation of the problem. What is your rank again? Watch your lane.
                      I know the situation. I'm not being disrespectful. I'm not even referring directly to the OP's in-law. I was referring to the OP. I'm stating that anyone that has been in long enough should know what steps to take to rectify pay issues. It may even be the case that the NCO is either making steps toward rectifying his or her pay issues or waiting for answer but the OP isn't aware.

Comment

Working...
                      X