X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic/Holidays

My son just found out he will be going to Basic 11/19/2012-1/11/2013. He then goes to tech school 1/22-6/26. I know this is army national guard, not air, but I was wondering how it works with holiday time off? In a search someone posted about 10-14 days off at Christmas time. I assume there's none for Thanksgiving. Is that correct information about Christmas? Thanks.

Re: Basic/Holidays

And another question. Can they take unopened mail to Basic? My older son joined the AF 20 years ago and I still have the letters he wrote from Basic and Tech School. I thought it might be fun for his brother, who is 16 years younger, to read them while he was going through similar experiences.

Comment

I cannot speak for the Air Guard, but yes, you generally get about two weeks off, leaving training a few days before December 25th and returning a few days into January. I remember that Thanksgiving came just a day or two after BCT graduation and I stayed at the same base for both BCT and AIT, they gave us an easy four days, a couple day passes having to return in the evening but that was staying at the same base for them both and turned out to fall right between both of them, that is going to differ a bit with the exact location he ends up at.

Comment

Originally posted by WIBecky74 View Post
        I cannot speak for the Air Guard, but yes, you generally get about two weeks off, leaving training a few days before December 25th and returning a few days into January. I remember that Thanksgiving came just a day or two after BCT graduation and I stayed at the same base for both BCT and AIT, they gave us an easy four days, a couple day passes having to return in the evening but that was staying at the same base for them both and turned out to fall right between both of them, that is going to differ a bit with the exact location he ends up at.
        Thanks for replying. He figures they will pipeline him from Basic to Tech school since there's only 11 days in between.

Comment

Working...
        X