X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tri Care woes.

Tuesday I am going to be speaking to my unit Tri Care rep but wanted to get some other views from Guard members in case I have to see a state rep. I am in the North Region and so far tri care has been jerks to me and my wife.
    She has a lot of health issues and when she had blood work done they would not cover any of it. First they told us they are not health insurance and said tri care should only be used as a back up plan and I should have my own health coverage from my employment to cover extra costs.

Second the reason my wife needed all the tests done is for depression and being pre menopause. (her labido was gone) The tri care rep the reason they would not be covering the medical bills is because being "happy" and wanting a "healthy sex drive" were personal choices and not medically necessary.

Everyone in my unit I have talked to said this is all false info from tri care and suggested I see my rep.

I was wondering if anyone else was having billing issues with tri care and if so how you handled it?

Re: Tri Care woes.

Originally posted by Tigershark View Post
    Tuesday I am going to be speaking to my unit Tri Care rep but wanted to get some other views from Guard members in case I have to see a state rep. I am in the North Region and so far tri care has been jerks to me and my wife.
    She has a lot of health issues and when she had blood work done they would not cover any of it. First they told us they are not health insurance and said tri care should only be used as a back up plan and I should have my own health coverage from my employment to cover extra costs.

Second the reason my wife needed all the tests done is for depression and being pre menopause. (her labido was gone) The tri care rep the reason they would not be covering the medical bills is because being "happy" and wanting a "healthy sex drive" were personal choices and not medically necessary.

Everyone in my unit I have talked to said this is all false info from tri care and suggested I see my rep.

I was wondering if anyone else was having billing issues with tri care and if so how you handled it?

Agreed. You should speak to your representative about what your TRICARE will cover. It is very likely that certain hormonal treatments are not covered because, as uncomfortable as they are, they are not medically necessary. You can probably find this information out yourself by looking at your TRICARE booklet that is mailed annually.

As far as being only a supplemental insurance company, this statement doesn't make sense. Are you TRICARE Reserve Select? If so, you should be paying family premiums each month for full coverage for you and your dependents. As such, you should be covered at least 80% and up to 100% of your care (the amount depends on what provider you use and if they are preferred). If you were going to speak to someone, this is what I would get clarification on.

Ultimately, I'm not an expert on the matter. I've just had TRICARE for many years and have not had a problem with their coverage. I hope this helps.

Comment

Yes I am tri care reserve select and pay the almost $200 a month premium.

Comment

Tricare Reserve Select does not cover treatment related to sexual dysfunction or inadaquacy. However, if your wife is depressed Psychotherapy and other mental health treatments are covered, as well as gynecological treatment for pre-menopasual symptoms.

Treatment is subject to your annual family deductable.

http://www.tricare.mil/mybenefit/hom...ItCovered.jsp?

Comment

Working...
        X