X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letters to FLW not getting through?

My friend at FLW for BCT has written to me, and I have written back, but his last letter told me he hasn't gotten any letters from me. I put my return address on them and made sure they had plenty of postage and double checked his address...and the letters haven't come back to me, so I'm wondering how long of a delay is there between sending a letter to FLW and its getting to the recipient. Will his DS hold his letters for some reason? Are they allowed to do that? Forgive my ignorance, but I am very unfamiliar with all of this. :/ but I don't want him to think that I haven't responded to him.

Re: Letters to FLW not getting through?

Typically on average, from the time I mailed a letter and it was received on the other end was about 5 days (FLW - Houston). They run the letters through metal detectors to make sure Privates don't send home ammo and such but other than that, there's not really a delay.

His drills aren't going to hold his letters...However in my case, the DSs had to pick up the mail from Brigade HQ, and sometimes they would "forget", so there was a couple times we wouldn't get mail for a couple days. When we did though, the barracks was raining with envelopes.

Did he give you any special instructions on how to mark the envelope?

Comment

Originally posted by MorganaTej View Post
      My friend at FLW for BCT has written to me, and I have written back, but his last letter told me he hasn't gotten any letters from me. I put my return address on them and made sure they had plenty of postage and double checked his address...and the letters haven't come back to me, so I'm wondering how long of a delay is there between sending a letter to FLW and its getting to the recipient. Will his DS hold his letters for some reason? Are they allowed to do that? Forgive my ignorance, but I am very unfamiliar with all of this. :/ but I don't want him to think that I haven't responded to him.
      If you address him as General on the destination address, they prioritize the mail at the post/base's distribution center and it gets to him quicker.

Comment

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...8644&noquote=1

Thanks you guys for responding. I am still discouraged. I sent him another letter, but have still not heard from him that he has gotten even my first one. It ***** feeling like he's just dropped off the face of the planet.

Comment

I was there 12 weeks (FLW) and every now and then I'd miss a letter someone had later told me they'd sent, so it's not 'impossible' - I figure they either got lost or delivered to the wrong person, the US Postal Service isn't infallable, far from it - keep writing, don't be discouraged - letters from friends and family were my lifeline during hard times at BCT, they'll appreciate it

Comment

Working...
          X