Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NG wife who cant seem to get any answers...

My husband will be going to BT in May and will be coming home in Sept. I have ask several people on here, and down at our armory, including the recurter and the next guy up, and FRG, and all I can get is "prepare for him to be gone, prepare to write him a lot." Nobody has told me, nor could I find, anything about deployment and when to expect it. Anything can help!

Re: NG wife who cant seem to get any answers...

No one can give you anything on that because no ones knows the answer to that. I'm not really sure what answers your looking for.

Comment

How about what is it? He's in 19D so what does that mean for him?

Comment

He is going to Fort Knox I assume. Once that his time there is almost up, you'll get information on his graduation date. You can go see it (at your own expense.) He will be sent home afterward on the Army's dime. Your primary method of communication will be via written letters. Some soldiers have been able to use their cellphones on weekends once a while, but this varies by location and drill sergeant staff. You won't know till he is there for at least a few weeks. He should be able to send you a letter within 2 weeks of being there.

Deployment? Worry about that when he actually becomes a soldier and returns home. Get through these 4 months of him being gone first.

What else do you want to know?

Comment

Originally posted by Ctreadway0214 View Post
          My husband will be going to BT in May and will be coming home in Sept. I have ask several people on here, and down at our armory, including the recurter and the next guy up, and FRG, and all I can get is "prepare for him to be gone, prepare to write him a lot." Nobody has told me, nor could I find, anything about deployment and when to expect it. Anything can help!
          There is no cookie cutter answer to the deployment question. Always prepare for it to be a possibility. No one can say he will be gone for X amount of time on Y date to Z date because those answers don't exist. We go when they need us, and we don't....when they don't. That is all.

Comment

Fewer and fewer units are being deployed these days.

Comment

Okay thanks you guys! It was actually a little bit more helpful! I'm a planner and not to crazy about not knowing what to expect other than the obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Ctreadway0214 View Post
                Okay thanks you guys! It was actually a little bit more helpful! I'm a planner and not to crazy about not knowing what to expect other than the obvious.

Prepare to expect the unexpected.

Okay, enough of the doomsday talk.

Write him and be supportive. That is really all you can do.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
                  He is going to Fort Knox I assume. Once that his time there is almost up, you'll get information on his graduation date. You can go see it (at your own expense.) He will be sent home afterward on the Army's dime. Your primary method of communication will be via written letters. Some soldiers have been able to use their cellphones on weekends once a while, but this varies by location and drill sergeant staff. You won't know till he is there for at least a few weeks. He should be able to send you a letter within 2 weeks of being there.

Deployment? Worry about that when he actually becomes a soldier and returns home. Get through these 4 months of him being gone first.

What else do you want to know?
                  I thought they moved that to Benning?

http://www.benning.army.mil/armor/

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                    I thought they moved that to Benning?

http://www.benning.army.mil/armor/
                    OP,

Armor BOLC was moved to Benning. My understanding is that 19D OSUT was still at Ft. Knox last summer. I'm not sure if it was moved to Ft. Benning yet.

Based on a quick glance on that website it would appear so. However, the best way to tell is to go into ATTRS course catalog and check.

Comment

Everything these guys have said is right on. As for being a planner.. I used to be one... get used to changing plans 3 and 4 times and planning everything arround drill weekends. I used to be a planner, i had to learn to just roll with it and have multiple plans of action. One thing you will learn is that while he is in BCT and AIT, Army comes first. If you have any questions let me know.

Comment

Working...
                      X