Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army Reserves Mother at her witts end.

Hello, I would like to know if there is anyone out there that has a child who moved his family to a new state with the guards ok and has yet to be sworn in at the new state of residence. My son has been given the run around since last April when he moved his family from N.H. to S.C. After months of waiting he was told abouth a month ago he would finally be sworn in and assigned to his new unit by the end of the week. Well guess what, still in limbo. He has done just about everything to get this done and is still getting the run around. He has a wife and 2yr old son as well as a baby daughter who arrived in July and she needs special care. This family has been through alot and deserve peace of mind about my sons future. He joined the military to serve his country and yet they leave him hanging in the balance. He committed himself to get inlisted and serve and it wasnt easy, he worked his butt off. Can anyone tell me who to turn to to help my grandchildren and thier mom and dad return to a normal routine. Please Help!!

Re: Army Reserves Mother at her witts end.

Originally posted by ANG122788 View Post
    Hello, I would like to know if there is anyone out there that has a child who moved his family to a new state with the guards ok and has yet to be sworn in at the new state of residence. My son has been given the run around since last April when he moved his family from N.H. to S.C. After months of waiting he was told abouth a month ago he would finally be sworn in and assigned to his new unit by the end of the week. Well guess what, still in limbo. He has done just about everything to get this done and is still getting the run around. He has a wife and 2yr old son as well as a baby daughter who arrived in July and she needs special care. This family has been through alot and deserve peace of mind about my sons future. He joined the military to serve his country and yet they leave him hanging in the balance. He committed himself to get inlisted and serve and it wasnt easy, he worked his butt off. Can anyone tell me who to turn to to help my grandchildren and thier mom and dad return to a normal routine. Please Help!!
    It sounds like he tried to do a coordinated interstate transfer, which is always a disaster. He needs to do an "un" coordinated one. Drive to the closest NG Armory, or whatever unit he wants to join. Find the Readiness NCO, say hello my name is PVT Joe Brown and I just moved from Mars. My MOS is dump truck driver, do you have any vacant slots in your unit....The Readiness NCO will most likely tell him what he has vacant, and if there is an officer around in reality he could just swear in right there. The they can do the rest of the paperwork on the back end in the old state. I've done this twice, and it is ALWAYs much smoother then waiting on 12 people to email one another.
    Last edited by ParalegalNCO1; June 26th, 2012, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Re: Army Reserves Mother at her witts end.

I second ParalegalNCO1's response. I've seen it done before, with people in our state, though I've never experienced it myself. It seemed to work best that way, because the "coordinated" route could take months and a journey through a lot of unmotivated/uncaring people. It can be extremely frusterating.

Comment

Working...
      X