X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big D

I thought I might have a bit of a break from you guys for a bit..... BUUUUUUT We have a date for 2013. Blerg.

Time to get prepared.

Re: The big D

I'll get it over with so we don't people posting this 100 times.

OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC.

A date for 2013 is fine. No specifics (time, day, amount of troops, what unit, where from, where to).

Keep us posted, but only if it's allowed to be spread to the public.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Loki View Post
      I'll get it over with so we don't people posting this 100 times.

OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC.

A date for 2013 is fine. No specifics (time, day, amount of troops, what unit, where from, where to).

Keep us posted, but only if it's allowed to be spread to the public.
      I've come to the conclusion that people don't really know what OPSEC is, mainly because you can read all those details (and more) in the newspaper. Saying that 3,000 soldiers from Bridage XYZ from Fort Living Room are deploying to Candy Land in January 2013 on a normal rotation is not an OPSEC violation. I know everyone thinks it is, but the average soldier doesn't usually have enough details on the mission to violate OPSEC if they wanted to.

If it wasn't allowed to be spread to the public, she would not know about it. She is the public.

Just being realistic.

Comment

I know all about OPSEC and no worries I will not be posting any specifics. I am part of many forums and While I am fairly new to the life in general I tend to run a bit on the cautious side and have been called the OPSEC police more than once.

I have heard more than once that a homecoming has been delayed due to blabber mouths.

Comment

Working...
        X