With student loan repayments, excellent salary and more, the Guard helps honor your service and commitment in a number of ways.
Pay and Incentives
Your pay will depend on your rank, and the higher you go, the more you'll earn. Since you'll be starting as an officer, you'll earn excellent pay—especially for part-time service.
Chaplain and Chaplain Candidates additional incentives:
- Up to $80,000 Chaplain Loan Repayment Program (CLRP) to help pay off education loans
- Montgomery GI Bill
Special branch officers additional benefits:
- Medical and dental care for you and your Family (TRICARE Reserve Select)
- Up to $400,000 in low-cost life insurance
- Discounted and tax-free grocery and shopping privileges at post exchanges and commissaries
- Free Military Air flights based on space availability
- Free academic testing and counseling for spouse
- Access to recreational facilities on military installations
- A retirement pension plan at the completion of 20 years of part-time service
Seminaries and Scholarships
A higher education takes you a step closer to your higher calling. The National Guard understands this, so we have programs that make college, seminary or divinity school affordable. Check with your officer recruiter or state Education Services Officer (ESO) for current assistance programs.
In addition, the following schools or seminaries currently offer scholarships:
Trinity Evangelical Divinity School $4,500 in tuition assistance 15 tuition scholarships at $4,500 Phone: 1.800.435.8805
Regent University School of Divinity $4,500 in tuition assistance 15 partial scholarships Phone: 1.800.373.5504
Southwestern Christian University Loan Repayment up to $20,000 $4,500 in tuition assistance 20 scholarships up to $70 additional per credit hour Phone: 1.888.418.9272
Oral Roberts University Loan Repayment up to $2,500 $4,500 in tuition assistance $250 per credit hour 10 tuition scholarships at $2,500 Phone: 1.918.495.6510
United Theological Seminary 15 scholarships at $3,600 each Phone: 1.937.529.2201
Winebrenner Theological Seminary 25 scholarships at $4,500 each Phone: 1.800.992.4987
Liberty University Phone: 1.434.582.2000
Oklahoma Christian University Phone: 1.800.877.5010
And don't forget these additional Guard educational benefits:
- Over $300 a month extra with the Montgomery GI Bill
- Up to $80,000 in student loan repayment with the Chaplain Loan Repayment Program
- Monthly drill pay for just two days service
- TRICARE Reserve Select health insurance program
- Additional state-based aid to students who serve in the National Guard (varies by state)
Contact your National Guard state Education Services Officer (ESO) for more details.