91E Allied Trade Specialist
The allied trade specialist is primarily responsible for supervising and performing the fabrication, repair and modification of metallic and nonmetallic parts. They operate lathes, drill presses, grinders and other machine shop equipment.
- Fabricate, repair and modify metallic and nonmetallic parts
- Utilize such machines as engine lathes, utility grinders, power cutoff saws, hydraulic presses, drill presses, oxyacetylene, electric arc, inert gas welding machines and their associated attachments, accessories and tools
Ten weeks of Basic Combat Training and 18 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field, including practice in machine operation.
Advanced Individual Training: 18 weeks, Fort Lee, VA
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Machine types, setup and operation
- Use of different metals
- Safety procedures
- Interest in math, general science, metalworking and mechanical drawing
- Preference for working with the hands
- Making things and finding solutions to mechanical problems
- Ability to apply mathematical formulas
REQUIRED ASVAB SCORE(S)
General Maintenance (GM): 98
General Maintenance (GM): 88, General Technical (GT): 92
WARRANT OFFICER TRACK
914A Allied Trades Warrant Officer
FUTURE CIVILIAN CAREERS
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with factories and repair shops in many industries, including the electrical product, automotive and heavy machinery industries.