91D Power Generator Equipment Repairer
The power generator equipment repairer is responsible for supervising and performing maintenance and overhaul of power generation equipment, internal combustion engines and associated equipment in mobile and stationary power plants.
- Perform maintenance on tactical utility, precise power generation sets, internal combustion engines and associated equipment
Ten weeks of Basic Combat Training and 12 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom, and part in the field, including practice in maintaining electrical power systems.
Advanced Individual Training: 10 weeks, 3 days at Fort Lee, VA
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Generator and powerplant operations
- Electrical generation and distribution
- Diesel generator operation, disassembly, inspection and maintenance
- Principles of electrical and electronic circuitry
- Experience using hand and power tools
- Interest in electricity and working with large machinery
REQUIRED ASVAB SCORE(S)
General Maintenance (GM): 98
General Maintenance (GM): 88, General Technical (GT): 88
WARRANT OFFICER TRACK
919A Engineer Equipment Repair Warrant Officer
FUTURE CIVILIAN CAREERS
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career as a powerplant electrician at a construction company, manufacturer or utility company.