68Q PHARMACY SPECIALIST
The pharmacy specialist is primarily responsible for preparing and dispensing prescribed drugs and medicines, while also maintaining pharmacy supplies and records.
- Prepare, control and issue pharmaceutical products
- Evaluate orders to verify dosage, dosage regimen and quantity to be dispensed
- Provide instructions to patients regarding medication consumption and side effects
- Perform quality control checks on medications
Ten weeks of Basic Combat Training and 22 weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including practice in pharmaceutical tasks.
Advanced Individual Training: 22 weeks at Fort Sam Houston, TX
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Pharmacy laws and regulations
- Drug types and uses
- Mixing and dispensing drugs
- Interest in mathematics, chemistry, biology, physiology and anatomy
- Experience with precise measurements and standards
- Ability to follow strict procedures and directions
REQUIRED ASVAB SCORE(S)
Skilled Technical (ST): 95
FUTURE CIVILIAN CAREERS
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a future as a pharmacy helper at pharmacies, drug stores, hospitals or clinics.
With additional study and the completion of a written exam, you may qualify for certification as a pharmacy technician.
+ Active Duty
+ Army Reserve
+ Open to Women
+ Entry Level